Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hi Earl--
    I could not be offended because it is not a product designed by me. But after working intensively in Photoshop for 8 years on countless models (the flesh and blood kind) and models (the silicon-based kind), I've come to appreciate it as a user-friendly, extremely powerful program. Corel Photo-Paint, on the negative side, clean rooms every innovation Photoshop and Painter come up with. On the positive side, with Photo-Paint, you're getting Photoshop features at a smaller price. BTW, I ghost authored part of the Photo-Paint user's guide. I'll write about almost anything [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Brett, as far as the newness of radiosity, not all of us are privvy to the Cornell experimenting back in 1984. Cornell is about a 2 hour drive from where I live, and I am familiar with the classic powerhouse scene that took like 175,000 objects and was rendered to one of the first "good" monitors, a HP Renaissance. And it is an example of radiosity at its best.

But as far a personal computer programs go, radiosity feels like a new feature, like metaballs were around five years ago. Point: any feature can be used well, or flagged around like a painted-up clown.

Believe it or not, I'm not trying to put my two cents into this forum as moderator to teach better modeling. I'm trying to teach Art here, of which modeling is a subset.

Kindest Regards,

Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com
    Free education! The Writings Web site
    and the updated GaryWorld Gallery is pretty okay, too.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ChipHead.jpg 
Views:	193 
Size:	46.9 KB 
ID:	7936  
    Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com

Hi Earl--
    I could not be offended because it is not a product designed by me. But after working intensively in Photoshop for 8 years on countless models (the flesh and blood kind) and models (the silicon-based kind), I've come to appreciate it as a user-friendly, extremely powerful program. Corel Photo-Paint, on the negative side, clean rooms every innovation Photoshop and Painter come up with. On the positive side, with Photo-Paint, you're getting Photoshop features at a smaller price. BTW, I ghost authored part of the Photo-Paint user's guide. I'll write about almost anything [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Brett, as far as the newness of radiosity, not all of us are privvy to the Cornell experimenting back in 1984. Cornell is about a 2 hour drive from where I live, and I am familiar with the classic powerhouse scene that took like 175,000 objects and was rendered to one of the first "good" monitors, a HP Renaissance. And it is an example of radiosity at its best.

But as far a personal computer programs go, radiosity feels like a new feature, like metaballs were around five years ago. Point: any feature can be used well, or flagged around like a painted-up clown.

Believe it or not, I'm not trying to put my two cents into this forum as moderator to teach better modeling. I'm trying to teach Art here, of which modeling is a subset.

Kindest Regards,

Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com
    Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com