Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Sticky footer question

Hi there - first post here though I've been visiting for a while.

Just found the amazing "sticky footer" in the WD6 Tweaks. It's almost exactly what I need but...

I'd love to have some navigation buttons which use 2 layers to display off / mouse over "stuck" to the moving footer so they're always at the bottom of the page regardless of screen size etc. The sticky footer would be ideal, but I can't add multi-layer buttons to the footer layer.. if you know what I mean?? Any way round this??

Cheers

Default Re: Sticky footer question

Welcome to TalkGraphics

Hmm? This might be your excuse to upgrade to Web Designer 7 Premium or Designer Pro 7. Both have automatic header and footers and you can place anything at the top or bottom of the page, make the banner or button "repeating" and it will automatically maintain position even if you change the length of the page.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Welcome to TalkGraphics

Hmm? This might be your excuse to upgrade to Web Designer 7 Premium or Designer Pro 7. Both have automatic header and footers and you can place anything at the top or bottom of the page, make the banner or button "repeating" and it will automatically maintain position even if you change the length of the page.
    Cool - I'll look into it now. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Welcome to TalkGraphics

OK, I get it. It can automatically position items relative to the bottom of the page, which is sort of what I want, but... What I really need is a way to have buttons follow the base of the page, so they'll look good on large high res monitors and crappy 15" laptops without scrolling etc!

The sticky footer does exactly what I want, if only you could add layered buttons instead of just single objects.

Any way to achieve this with my beloved Xara, or do I need to learn html / dreamweaver??!