Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
    Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Freebie Friday! February 2013

Hey everyone it's the first Friday of the Month and you know what that means...

Freebie Friday!

As always, I've taken the time to either create some nice free goodies or test out freebies that I have found on the web, and all I ask from you is some participation here at TG. Just don't grab the freebies and run take some time to look around the forum and maybe join in a conversation.

Anyone is also invited to post in this thread and either tell or show us how you have used this month's freebies.

And now on with the freebies!

First up I found a great little free utility called Gax Reloaded Gax is a colourpicker, a screen ruler and a screen capture tool all rolled into one. What I like about it is you can use it to pick colours and it not only keeps a library of your most recently picked colours but it can export that library as a .ACT file that you can use in Xara!

I also have for you today a nice colour palette of browns and sepia tones. This .ACO file can be easily used in Xara and I've given the colours some interesting names
    Browns and Sepias.zip

Enjoy!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Default Re: Freebie Friday! February 2013

Frances, I take it that GAX worked for you. It did not for me. My virus checked blocked some kind of malware and because of that GAX seems to run OK but I cannot do anything with it.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

hmmm. Thanks for the update Larry. When I tested Gax my internet security system showed the download as being fine and I didn't get any Malware showing up as a result of the download. Did you use the direct download button? (the get it for free button will take you to the download page on Dolphiq Software and there is a download link for Gax under application) Don't use the links on the left side as these are mirror sites and these sites could very well be wrapping the download with who knows what.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

OK Frances, I downloaded GAX again and ran the virus checker and malware bites and it came up clean. Re-installed the program and once again I got the malware warning but the program works this time.
    I also put your browns and sepias color on my template and I like them. Reminds me of the browns you posted some time ago which I liked but this one is better. So thank you for these freebies. What am I going to do with them? Don't know yet.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.