Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Movie Edit Pro MX Plus -- instructional materials?

Hi folks.

After receiving a promo from Xara, I downloaded the free trial of MAGIX Movie Edit Pro MX Plus, but I find myself unable to make much progress with assessing its value to me without a user guide.

In fact, can't find much guidance of any sort. Apart from a couple of trivial user-created videos on YouTube, the only videos I can find are sales-oriented. Likewise with discussion forums -- can't find any.

Any suggestions?

Default Re: Movie Edit Pro MX Plus -- instructional materials?

OK, with a bit more searching and jiggling my search terms I found a stack of interesting single-feature videos on YouTube by a guy who goes by the handle Skavaen.

Still keen to hear any other suggestions.

These might be of use [can't say from personal experience though ;-) ]

http://www.magix.info/uk/online-trai...ovie-edit-pro/

And the relevant Magix discussion forums

http://tinyurl.com/69gxm4m
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Unfortunately very little activity.

I have managed to find quite a few useful tutorial-type videos on YouTube, but a responsive forum is badly needed for this promising but quite complex program, and I haven't been able to find anything that even comes close to well populated and responsive.

Quote Originally Posted by Soporose
    After receiving a promo from Xara, I downloaded the free trial of MAGIX Movie Edit Pro MX Plus, but I find myself unable to make much progress with assessing its value to me without a user guide. Although this is an old thread I thought I'd offer a tip.
    I just installed my older copy of Movie Edit Pro (purchased in 2007). My installation included a 230-page (very helpful) reference manual (PDF). By default it is loaded at c:\magix\Movie_Edit_Pro_11\manual.pdf. I expect that if you have version 15 (for example) instead of 11, then you'll be looking in a folder with a slightly different name. It can also be accessed from the Start menu:

Start > All Programs > MAGIX > MAGIX Movie Edit Pro > Documentation > MAGIX Movie Edit Pro 11 Manual