Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Greetings fellow Xarians ... Augustus becons you to STOP working on that drawing your doing for the good of Rome ... and POST it to this site for all the masses to admire. It need not be a masterpiece fit for Caesar ... if you drew it in Xara ... we want to see it!

Screen shot of an image I'm working on for a booklet about the closure of local Post Offices and how it affects the elderly etc.
    Someway to go yet, if only to replace the womans teeth.
    Derek

[/IMG]

Finished this one early last week for a woman who runs music classes for very young childre. This is a frachise form a american company who a very picky about the use of their logo and the colour of it, everthing must suit their colours of the month.

This was a straight A4 Z fold brochure and I have placed one line to show a fold. I would have normally used InDesign but this was so small i did it in Xara X using Gary's information on text from a recent workbook.
    Design is thinking made visual.

Derek,
    Nick looking bus stop image ... I guess I never thought about how closing a post office would effect the public at large ... hmm.

Albacore,
    Nice tri-fold. I've done a few full-bleed tri-folds in Xara X1 and had pretty good luck. My problem is I tend to use too much of the page for text and wind up folding them by hand because the "folding machine" I have doesn't keep to tight tolerances very well. Nice use of their "monthy colors".

Here is one of many maps I ahve been working on.

Ditto John!

Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hi Egg,

Mine will be a 1 color print. Do you need to label the streets? I have found that Humanst 521 Condensed is a very good font for labeling streets. Readible down to 7pt. What font do you use typically?

BTW: very nice map... Do you line it out, then convert to shapes and outline your local streets? I usually stack lines. It makes it much easier to update the maps.

Very well done Gentlemen ... my current project is much less ambitious ... a re-draw of an old Indian Territory map for an education program. Nothing on the scale of your work, but nonetheless made easy with our favorite program

John & Egg,
    I'm very impressed with your maps. Looks like very tedious work. How long does it take you to do something like this? Do you use a mouse or tablet to draw the streets? I can't imagine using a mouse and being able to accurately do what you've done.
    Zee

Hi Zee,

I took the existing map, scanned it then used the mouse to lay out the existing roads. The new roads, I drew in myself or took off the enginneering plats. Just size em down and eyeball it. Every map is a bit different they are all drawings to begin with. Plats are the closest to being accurate but they are kinda big.