Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

xdp6 How to design for Safari under iOS with WD7P

First time posting on this forum, searched for posts about this topic, couldn't find any.

I have a site which I created in WD7P, http://www.rjbassociatesgc.com, the site works flawlessly on all browsers tested except in Safari on the iPhone or iPad. I understand that the reason is that iFrames do not function correctly since iOS4.2. The issue is the scrolling text box on the About page.

Does anyone have any tips on how to tweak my site to display correctly under iOS and still maintain the look and feel with other OSs?

I could always go back to a text column, but that is not what my client wants.

Thanks

Default Re: How to design for Safari under iOS with WD7P

Welcome to TalkGraphics

I don't see any scrolling text on the About page.

Check back and see if someone has the answer to your question. I don't know the answer nor do I see a problem with a text column. If you need to scroll the page you just swipe it with your finger. Does your client want scroll bars?

Default Re: How to design for Safari under iOS with WD7P

Yes the client wanted to use scroll bars. I had these in place at first, but then removed them and replaced with a text column instead, so that the site was readable on the iPhone and iPad. Do you have any suggestions for using scrolling text on the iPhone and iPad?