Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

So is Xara going through rough times or what? I get an ad for Xara 3D about every other Day now, it used to be every two weeks. Now it's the same ad like every other or two. Anyway, the thing is that I work in a large telecommunications giant here in the USA on a design team, and although I use Xara for a few small things, the reality is the guys I work with need me to work mostly in Adobe because that's the standard. However half of the team here is Mac people and they are all quite jealous of what Xara can do compared to Illustrator and in fact would be the perfect tool for broadcast design which is what we do. My point is that if Xara want's to expand it's potential, so it doesn't have to email me 3 times a week with ads, it should really try and make a dent in the Mac market since most designers I know come from that side and really have very few options even though they would never admit that.

s.g.

Hmmm? Sounds like an over zealous marketing effort. That kind of overkill marketing can seriously turn people off.

Sounds like what you need to do at work is have a face off between Xara X and Illustrator. Especially if you are doing broadcast design.

Do a challenge. Have the Mac/Illustrator guys do something related and then do the same thing in Xara and compare the results and tbe number of steps each application takes to accomplish the task.

Gary

Originally posted by gwpriester:
    Hmmm? Sounds like an over zealous marketing effort.
    I'm signed up to the Xara mailing list, and I received two mails concerning Xara 3D6 (as I do with all the Xara offers).

One announcing the offer, and then a reminder about a week later that the offer was due to expire in a couple of days.

Not what I would describe as over zealous at all (and I've spent several years in marketing in my time).

Perhaps SG is subscribed to the mailing list more than once?
    "If your head hurts, it's working. Right?"

So is Xara going through rough times or what? I get an ad for Xara 3D about every other Day now, it used to be every two weeks. Now it's the same ad like every other or two.
    Not sure if you read the original post Simmotino. My response was to that comment. If I received an ad that often I would be a bit torqued. (I sent you a private message since you do not list an e-mail address on your profile).

Gary

If it is the same ad, He might just have a stuttering email server... Seen it happen once or twice. Keep getting the same email, although you have Downloaded it already. OR as Simmotino pointed out he could have subscribed more than once. Or....

one of his coworkers subscribed him a couple times. That is always a fun trick to play on the unsuspecting, or if you want to be a real a$$hole.

http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

Not sure if you read the original post Simmotino. My response was to that comment.
    Sorry Gary, so was mine. I was pointing out my experience of Xara emails, and setting that off against SG's comments which you summarised down nicely (hence quoting you).

I sent you a private message since you do not list an e-mail address on your profile.
    Replied, and I do now http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/wink.gif
    "If your head hurts, it's working. Right?"