Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
    Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Texture paint orb

I had a play with the texture painting and this is what I produced.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	textpaint test.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	22.0 KB 
ID:	84843
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Default Re: Texture paint orb

Hello Frances

That looks cool... quite tactile.

Or to say it in graphic form...

Name:	NiceJob.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	204.3 KB 
ID:	84846

Peace

James

Hello Frances,

Yes, it is a very useful technique.

If there is a complex object (such as this "X", since it also has beveled edges), it would normally have to be UV Unwrapped (RPITA, at times) in order to have any texturing properly applied. Then, if the various faces don't line up, then it is darned near impossible to get the texturing looking smooth, since it has abrupt changes at the edges of certain faces.

Using the new Texture Paint Layer Manager, it was very easy to just bring this red X in and just paint the texture right onto the object. Since we are painting over the edges, the texturing is continuous.

I think it looks tactile and irregular enough that it closely emulates real-world objects...

Name:	TexturePaintEx1.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	159.4 KB 
ID:	84848

Peace

James

Using Hexagon, no amount of pining and seaming the UV map seemed to work well on more complex models or textures, plus it was a pain to do.
    I finally hit upon exporting the model into Sculptris and going directly to paint mode which creates the UV map for you. Works great, real easy and I can assume just like
    the new Blender.
    It looks like Blender has just about everything one would need in one package. It's Just that the last time I tried it I was looking at the interface and broke out with a
    very bad rash. I have enjoyed the recent Blender threads the success James and Frances seem to be having with it.
    I'll have to give it a try, maybe I can meditate or do yoga or something before trying it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Curly Pot.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	69.2 KB 
ID:	84850