Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Navigation Bar issue - all buttons get rollover effect

Hi, I created manually successfully a navigation bar using the techniques derived from detailed instructions from one of the forum posts. The client wanted to change the colours on the nav bar. I changed the colour scheme and repeated all the steps, but unfortunately all buttons got the rollover effect. I was lost in Xara land ...

I deleted a rectangle on the same layer on which I had placed the nav bar and placed this in a separate layer, which solved the problem. Why would this have caused this ?

Default Re: Navigation Bar issue - all buttons get rollover effect

Welcome to TalkGraphics

I don't know why this happened unless the buttons were grouped somehow. Or maybe you copied and pasted the mouse over buttons over the mouse off buttons.

You can do this if you insert your rollover image and then apply the correct Spry sub menu class to it for instance:

class="MenuBarItemSubmenu"

You would want to apply that as the class name to the rollover image if this is the same class as the other drop down menus.

This step really shouldn't be necessary though since it will work without the class applied so there is probably something going wrong with the way you are inserting the rollover image. Provide a link to your site or the code of your drop down menu so we can take a look.

[Link removed by moderator]
    Last edited by gwpriester; 24 October 2011 at 01:42 PM. Reason: New users are not permitted commercial links

Your response suhani is coding related. But Xara Web Designer is WYSIWYG and not a product that requires much coding.

There is a more logical solution to the members problem.

I removed your website link from your post. Please read the FAQs for new members. As you do not list any Xara software in your profile, then I can only assume you are spamming.

It sounds like anb object behind the nav bar has a link applied to it which when moused over causes all the mouse over states of the nav bar to be displayed.

Hold Ctrl and select individual objects behind the nav bar whilst the Web Properties window is open on the Link tab. When you find the object which has a link applied select the Do Nothing option in Web Properties and click Apply.

This will more than likely need to be done to all of the pages in your site that this effects, so it's worth previewing each page to see what ones need to be updated like this.

It does take a little playing about and time to get used to Xara layers, grouping and soft grouping attributes.. There are countless times when things like this have happened to me and I end up having to examine each bit of the button or menu bar until I see what I did wrong. When creating new buttons and menus I have started to use the Solo mode ALOT more to ensure I am working on individual layers to prevent from getting it wrong and having to fix it.

Not an answer to your question but from experience.