Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hi,
    I'm kinda new to flash, and i've done a nav bar for my site in flash and it has it's own preloader, except when the internet is slow and i open the page that has the nav bar, before the preloader starts the flash movie is blank(white) for a couple of seconds, then the preloader starts. How do i get it so it doesn't do this. in the .fla file the preloader starts on frame 1, and the background of the movie is set to the same color of the surrounding page (which is black). any ideas?
    cheers
    chuck
    IP

Hi,
    I'm kinda new to flash, and i've done a nav bar for my site in flash and it has it's own preloader, except when the internet is slow and i open the page that has the nav bar, before the preloader starts the flash movie is blank(white) for a couple of seconds, then the preloader starts. How do i get it so it doesn't do this. in the .fla file the preloader starts on frame 1, and the background of the movie is set to the same color of the surrounding page (which is black). any ideas?
    cheers
    chuck
    IP

The situation is that all the elements needed for the pre loader need to be downloded before it can start. So no matter if you have it in the first frame or not it will take a few seconds to start. You may want to do this.

First have just a simple text word in the first frame and have it say "loading" have a command that says to move forward with the pre loader when its all loaded. This way you dont have a blank screen while you what for the pre loader to spool up. Regards, Bill

Macromeidians 1:1

In the begining the web was dark and void, and the net was with out color or shape, Then there was a Flash and Life came to the web and vision became reality.
    Macromeidians 1:1

In the begining the web was dark and void, and the net was with out color or shape, Then there was a Flash and Life came to the web and vision became reality.
    IP