Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Problem downloading templates

Dear Comunity

I am a new user of Xara Web Designer 7.
    Dear Support Staff
    I just bought Xara Web Designer 7 and I use the serial to unlock the program, everything looks good. However, when I try donwloading the templates, I receive this mensage:

"The installation is only possible after unlocking xara web designer 7"

I did downloaded the file of 235 mb, but when it runs to install it shows the mensage above.

Thank you for your help.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xara Problem.jpg 
Views:	271 
Size:	64.3 KB 
ID:	84810Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xara Problem.jpg 
Views:	271 
Size:	64.3 KB 
ID:	84810

Default Re: Problem downloading templates

Hello Mario and Welcome to TalkGraphics

I am sorry it has taken so long to get back to you. I know how frustrating this must be for you.

The only reference I could find for Unlocking Web Designer states that you have to enter the serial number and register the product. You said that you have already done this. So, I think you should submit a ticket to Xara Tech Support with this problem. http://support.xara.com/

Good luck and please tell us if this helps.

Dear gwpriester
    Thank you so much for your advise. Already, I have submitted a tickect, but I do get the same problem. I will continue to try xara support to see what we can do. Again thank you so much.

I am also having the same issue. I put un support tickets and it's been 2 days. Do they answer tickets??? Any advice? Did you ever get it to run?

I have the same issue and put a ticket in yesterday. No reply. Do they respond? I need to get moving on a project and am dead in the water! I also tried to download the free Christmas special template pack per the instructions in the e-mail and got the error, no compatible software installed.

Is there a way to phone in for support on this product? How long does it normally take to get support with Xara?

This seems to be an ongoing problem. It's a wonder this hasn't been fixed or at the very least a KB post made.

I did get a response from support after 2 days and here are the instructions they sent me. Keep in mind I am running Win 7 64 bit OS so this may not work for other OS.

Please uninstall Web Designer 7 Premium from Windows using the standard Windows feature - Add/Remove Programs if you're using Windows XP, or Programs and Features if you're using Windows Vista or 7.

Then, download both of the file below and save them to your desktop. Don't run them yet
    http://downloads.xara.com/support/ve.../wdp7/wdp7.exe
    http://downloads.xara.com/support/ve...p7_content.exe

Next, ensure that all secuirty based applications have been disabled, including all anti-virus, anti-spyware, anti-malware, registry checkers etc prior to starting the installation.

Right click on the file wdp7.exe and select 'Run as Administrator' to run the installation.

Once installed run the program and activate it using the same serial number and email address as before, then click 'Activate and Regsiter Online Immediately'.

Close the program.

Then right click on the wdp7_content.exe file and select 'Run as Administrator' to run the installation for the templates. This should then install successfully.
    Please use at your own risk. One other note: when I tried to register it during the above instructions the first time I got an error so I tried again and it went through. This problem could have been caused by my having switched off internet access while installing. I did this because I had to disable all anti-virus and anti-spyware software.

Hope this helps others. Waiting days for support to respond is frustrating.

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by watchdr View Post
    ... when I tried to register it during the above instructions the first time I got an error so I tried again and it went through. This problem could have been caused by my having switched off internet access while installing...
    A friendly note to those reading this thread: online activation requires the internet to be switched on
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64