Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Suggestions that make sense for DP

1. Ability to make DIV and IINPUT fields(with naming) like we do placeholders. The DIV one will drastically reduce page bandwidth consumption without manual placeholder coding.
    2. All pages except for index hold file names and extensions, file name is forced *.htm on website export. Have it acknowledge page naming.
    3. Interactive Flash?(I know this is a stretch). I know .SWF is a compressed archive format with media and meta data, along with scripts inside. I see Xara is already 3/4 the way to this feature. Flash layouts hold their positioning and style under all browsers, this takes a lot of hacks to do in markup.
    4. Export embeddable element, Like if I wanted to do a floating Menu in an existing layout. I'd export a DIV markup stub+media and paste it over.

Default Re: Suggestions that make sense for DP

Also the ability to hide layers in click actions..

Another suggestion that just makes sense: popup layers shouldn't vanish when I click anywhere on the page..this actually looks buggy to end users..

I'd strongly recommend taking the time to learn more about the application and reading related threads at both Xara forums before making feature suggestions.
    It just makes sense.

For example, your last point has been covered.
    With a video showing how from a member (in 2009).

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    I'd strongly recommend taking the time to learn more about the application and reading related threads at both Xara forums before making feature suggestions.
    It just makes sense.

For example, your last point has been covered.
    With a video showing how from a member (in 2009).
    Discreet naming conventions literally nowhere in the included documentation..I'm so ignorant.

EDIT: What's with the hostility here? Looking at old similar requests, all the users are now banned..

Nobody minds requests, but it makes sense to get to know a program for a while before trying to improve it by adding features that may already be there, or trying to change a workflow that exists for good reason. There's no hostility.

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    Nobody minds requests, but it makes sense to get to know a program for a while before trying to improve it by adding features that may already be there, or trying to change a workflow that exists for good reason. There's no hostility.
    There is a huge gaping difference between learning software functionality with documentation and features included, and learning software functionality only documented in buried old threads of a 3rd party forum. It's such a significant feature it should have a menu-checkbox or documentation.

That being said it's still a valid suggestion, as are all all the others here that make the staff and senior members here angry.

why do I get the feeling this will just be another ignored thread?
    Last edited by tjc; 20 October 2011 at 03:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tjc View Post
    as are all all the others here that make the staff and senior members here angry.

why do I get the feeling this will just be another ignored thread?
    Well, who says anyone is angry. People that have used Xara for some time tend to see new users of the software jump in before they really understand how it works. It can get tedious. Your points about it being hard to find, are reasonable, but putting stuff like "why do I get the feeling this will just be another ignored thread" is somewhat provocative and not really something that makes people want to engage, so it may just end up being prophetic, for all the wrong reasons. Put your enthusiasm into the software rather than making digs at everyone else.

I'm sorry for the hostility you feel tjc, it happens. Some people are just like that. Here are the tweaksets. They're bloody useful but, I agree with you, such information should be integrated into the product help files if at all possible:

If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

Quote Originally Posted by beretgascon View Post
    I'm sorry for the hostility you feel tjc, it happens. Some people are just like that. Here are the tweaksets. They're bloody useful but, I agree with you, such information should be integrated into the product help files if at all possible:

Yeah, it's the reason I say it 'just makes sense'. These features shouldn't be placeholder hacks. Both from marketing/sales and demand angles it makes sense to have these integrated.

I'm still not sure what logical or social aspect of these requests make me ignorant, dumb or incompetent as has been insinuated. They are discreet naming conventions and placeholder hacks on semi-obfuscated threads on a third party forum..some people I think just like to crap shoot and hope they look educated..unfortunately I respond and do in fact know the software..