Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: 7.1.2.18680 update for all four Designer 7 programs

Hi,
    I'm using Magix Web designer premium 7.1.2.18080 DL (french version) and it says that it's up to date. How should I update my designer?

Is there any difference between Xara and Magix versions?

changelog?

Snapping has improved a bit as now objects that are smaller than grid size SNAP to whole pixels and not decimals anymore.
    But they don't snap to grid still.

I usually use 10x10 pixel grid.
    If I create a line with a width of 1px, 2px,...9px - that line will not snap to grid when I RESIZE it.
    It snaps to grid when I move it, but not when I resize it. Thankfully it snaps to whole pixels at least. That helps me a bit.

Same nasty thing happens with rectangles too. If they are smaller than grid then they won't snap to grid.

The kind of snapping that I wan't (and used to be there in X) is essential (for me) in UI design.
    I do hope you make one more update to Xara before you move on to next version.

Quote Originally Posted by FLySOLO View Post
    changelog?
    +1
    Anton

Not sure if this bug existed prior to the update or not, but...

I have made a brush (a single circle) now I go and edit the brush setting, to change the spacing. If I type in the box the new value often doesn't stick - ie. I click into another brush control or different tab in the brush setting dialog, and then back to the spacing value, and the number reverts to the original setting.

The value seems to stick if I use the mouse to drag the spacing slider, but this is very imprecise, and using the mouse wheel to adjust the slider results in awkward values after the decimal point.

Anyone else seeing this behaviour? Is it a known bug? Is there a work around? [ Using Xara Designer Pro 7.1.2.18680 ]

UPDATE: Just been toying with this and found that hitting Shift + Enter seems to apply the entered value (where Enter alone, or Tab, or clicking outside the control seem to lose the new value).

UPDATE 2: Shift + Enter is not entirely reliable either
    Last edited by Ampa; 11 November 2011 at 01:11 PM. Reason: Possible work around

great, Thanks!

Boy! I just wish I could update from Xara Designer Pro 6 to Xara Designer Pro 7. I've been trying unsucessfully for two days now. I downloaded Xara Designer Pro 7
    and installed it. Then I tried to buy it. It says I'll receive further instructions by email, but it never comes. I guess I'm doing something wrong. Can anyone tell me how to contact a human being to talk to about it?
    Charlie

so did you create an account [or use one you already had] on xara.com? - if so, once you have bought it, the program key[s] should be available in that account....
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

I don't know whether I already have an account, so I try my email and "forgot my password." This NEVER returns an email relating to my password. So I assume I don't have an existting account, but when I try to create one, it say's my email is already in use. I have only one email address, so what can I do?
    Charlie

assume you have checked that return email is not being filtered out by antispam

if you just want to buy the product you could always create another account - you will need another email address for that AFAIK, but they are easy to come by on Gmail etc....
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...