Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Premium 7 upgrade to pro7 - Worth it?

I currently have and use Web designer premium 7 and would like to know what benefits I would gain from upgrading to Designer Pro7 ?

Thanks..

Default Re: Premium 7 upgrade to pro7 - Worth it?

more comprehensive drawing tools, more professional print features, some enhanced export and import filters for image and drawing files....... and more besides

the details are on the xara website...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Thanks for reply, bit more info..

I have been on xara's site and no real comparision chart or list between premium and pro7.

I also use xara pro 5 for general graphic works then just drag it into premium once done, only when required of course. For photograph tweaking I use Photoshop cs5 prior to putting it into Xara.

So is the only main benefit regarding photographs / images as that I don't need, just wondered if there were any benefits on the web side..

TIA..
    Last edited by Hornet; 16 October 2011 at 07:03 PM.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

On the Web side no the web features are much the same, however I find that having Designer Pro gives me an advantage that I have all the tools I need in one place. I use Designer pro's edit insde feature a lot and often if I am creating my own repeating backgrounds Designer Pro saves a extra step because I can simply make a bitmap copy rather than exporting the background as a bit map and re importing it back into the program. And there is the handy feature of being able to convert text and quickshapes into editable shapes quickly and easily. Oh and I almost forgot, Designer Pro also let's you set custom keyboard shortcuts that's extremely handy!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Dont get me wrong I want to upgrade it but have to convince the boss why its worth it.. As we have the other packages mentioned which do it although it would save time having it all in one..

Not sure he would go for it, really need it to be worth it on the web based side of things.

Anything, anything at all..?

Price - compared to working with Photoshop etc etc it's all-in-one
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

One thing that DP7 gives you that saves time and is great to work with is the Magic Eraser/Clone tool absolutely wonderful for quick fixes right in place.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.