Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Saving files for upload

Hi folks,
    I could use the community’s help with an issue. I recently ran into an FTP upload issue - as some of you know there appears to be an ftp upload bug in web designer 7.1. Ultimately, I resolved the problem and have a work around. But in my panic to figure things out, I may have created a separate problem for myself: how I save my files. In my crisis effort to figure out the initial problem, I wound up creating new files and saving them differently.
    I’ve attached two different ways that I’ve saved the same material for upload to my site. I would appreciate it if users would check it out and tell which is correct – perhaps neither one I right. Thanks in advance.
    Petner (Tom)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	saving file example1.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	66.5 KB 
ID:	84721   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	saving file example2.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	148.7 KB 
ID:	84722  

Default Re: Saving files for upload

Hi Tom

I always save my site name as index.html. This assures that each page ends with .html and creates a folder for my files index_html_files

I upload the .html pages and the index_html_files folder to my server.

.web is the proprietary name that Xara uses to save your working document and is not a web format.

The simplest way to do this is to always name your home page index.html. All the other pages are appended with .html automatically when you publish your site.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	index.png 
Views:	88 
Size:	9.7 KB 
ID:	84738  

Default Re: Saving files for upload

Quote Originally Posted by petner View Post
    Hi folks,
    I could use the community’s help with an issue. I recently ran into an FTP upload issue - as some of you know there appears to be an ftp upload bug in web designer 7.1. Ultimately, I resolved the problem and have a work around. But in my panic to figure things out, I may have created a separate problem for myself: how I save my files. In my crisis effort to figure out the initial problem, I wound up creating new files and saving them differently.
    I’ve attached two different ways that I’ve saved the same material for upload to my site. I would appreciate it if users would check it out and tell which is correct – perhaps neither one I right. Thanks in advance.
    Petner (Tom)
    Thanks Gary