Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
    Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Planter - inspired by Mike's pottery

Inspired by Mike's pottery I decided to try something along those lines in Blender. I used the sapling add on and found it useful for much more than trees. With a little help from my favourite vector program and this tutorial I found on BlenderNerd, I created a leaf which I was able to texture on to my plant.

I played around with the materials settings and came up with what I think looks pretty close to the look of a terracotta clay pot.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	untitled.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	58.9 KB 
ID:	84674
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Default Re: Planter - inspired by Mike's pottery

Looks really good, Frances
    Guy -

I love these tools

That looks really nice and, possibly more importantly, it looks like you're having a lot of fun!

I am aware of the sapling add-on, but haven't really played with it yet.

I don't know if they're still available, but Andrew Price created a (FREE) 10-set of rocks/trees/flowers/etc. You could use those directly or better yet, take them and examine them for tips from the master, or I guess I should say, GURU. (@ BlenderGuru.com)

I must say, when I see your name in the New Messages under 3D Graphics, there's usually something cool waiting!

Peace

James

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Thank you Guy and James! I am very much enjoying working with blender! I'll have a look at BlenderGuru and see if those freebies are still available, There is I believe also an add on for creating rocks available. One thing I discovered with the sapling add on is that you have to be sure that your sapling settings are the way you want before you make any changes in the 3d viewport because once you do the sapling controls are gone and your tree/vegetation is set, you can I'm sure un join everything and change things the manual way but those controls make things so much easier!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.