Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Blender Modeling? -- Don't forget Loop Tools!

Hello Guy,

Can you just rename the file? It only needs to have the .py suffix for Blender to see that it is, indeed, a Python script.

Also, I zipped it for you, which should make it extract with the correct suffix. Just move it to your Scripts/Add-ons folder (post-extraction) and Blender will see it immediately.

http://www.jamesalexander.de/render_clay.zip

Peace

James
    Last edited by ODdOnLifeItself; 15 October 2011 at 09:05 AM.

Thank you, James. I took the one from your zip file and it worked ! It's there now in my user preferences.

I still don't know why it didn't work in windows, but I'm not going to investigate any further
    Guy -

I love these tools

You're welcome, Guy

Though it's not super-useful like the LoopTools, still, having the ability to just flip a switch and see your rendering without materials (technically, all objects are with a clay material) makes it a breeze to check lighting and overall layout.

Glad you got it working. If you're like me, you hate something cool being available and having no convenient way to get at it.

Peace

James

Guy, I haven't figured out much yet but I did get the render clay where it belongs and activated. You say changed the file extension, I didn't see anything about changing extensions, so maybe that's where you went wrong. All I did was put the file in the blender add ons and sure enough it was there in user prefs. First time I missed seeing it but when I looked again to make sure I had for sure put it in the correct place and looked for render clay in user prefs I found it.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.