Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default error 404 page - how to create one

Hi all, I want to make a 404 error page to try and redirect any broken links back to my website. I have found templates on the web but not for Xara and to be honest would prefer to design my own. Just wondering if anyone knows how to set up the error page so that "www.mysite.com/anything" always goes to my error page?

Default Re: error 404 page - how to create one

Handy Andy,

This is a simple task but depending on your hosting provider they may or may not offer this. My hosting company allows me to customize my 404 errors or any other common error. I have to use there cpanel function to do this. Some hosting companies will already have one created and it will show up in your file manager through cpanel or if you are using an ftp client such has filezillia or cute ftp or so on you login to your hosting via this and just overwrite the current 404 file. When you create the page in xara just export it to a folder and upload the source files and the htm file to your host provider and you will see your custom 404 error page you designed. What hosting company are you using?

Default Re: error 404 page - how to create one

I am using Siteground. I will check out the options in cPanel now. Thanks Wave