Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default PS/AI (cs3 or better) Magic Wand Tool in Xara Designer

I am trying to gear up and drop me 'working for the man' and start my own business. I am a web/app developer for the e-learning community. For several years, I have been working with Adobe products. I am currently searching the tools that I use in Adobe PS/AI in other products. My wife recently bought me Xara Designer (probably so I could help her with her Pit Bull website). But I have been searching the default (no plugin) tool box for anything that can do the Magic Wand Tools job. I just have not found it. Can anyone point me in the right direction???

Magic Wand - select a pixel/color on the screen. Magic wand will then select all colors that correlate to your selection. I use the magic wand to kill backgrounds out of photos.

I like the Xara product.

Default Re: PS/AI (cs3 or better) Magic Wand Tool in Xara Designer

Never Mind. I found a very similar post on the subject about early August of this year. Please exuse for the oversight.
    Tony

Default Re: PS/AI (cs3 or better) Magic Wand Tool in Xara Designer

No worries, Tony.

As you likely have discovered, XDP is more like AI than PS. For the PS (bitmap) work, there are good alternatives to PhotoShop that won't break the bank. However, even for web graphics, I tend to use vector unless I need something in the way of special filters, then I use PhotoLine (for bitmap alteration).

Take care, Mike