Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default xara 3-D banner size

hello all, I am making a banner with the standard default set up, choosing a text and font. I export a gif animation, upload it to a website for HTML directly encoding to post on the website, when that is done text is very small of the animation.

It looks like other people are using the same program to make the animations as well is a recognise some of the designs. Any assists appreciated, it is getting very frustrating making a good banner and then following it is too small this.

Any assistance appreciated regards Mark

Default Re: xara 3-D banner size

How does it look before you upload it to the website?
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Quote Originally Posted by wizard509 View Post
    How does it look before you upload it to the website?
    hello again, it looks perfect, but I have just noticed the difference between version 6 and version 7.

Image size version 6 version 7

Version 7

729 x 582

Version 6

718 x 608

And I'm just wondering if this is a problem as version 6 cents to be quite good as the text size is perfect. Regards Mark

Mark can you upload your X3D file please. Then someone can better help you.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Quote Originally Posted by wizard509 View Post
    Mark can you upload your X3D file please. Then someone can better help you.
    here is a couple of graphics that were made and are small compare to others I think have been made by the same software, also my version 6 it which was larger as well. I will try to make the same thing in version 6. He was one of the images.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mark loves CurvyCougar 2.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	14.1 KB 
ID:	84619   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mark Love Christine 2.gif 
Views:	142 
Size:	235.1 KB 
ID:	84620  

Mark, when you export the gifs from Xara3d, you have some options presented in the export dialogue box. You can export the Window containing the image, and you can crop the image to the edges of the image. This would remove the whitespace surrounding the image.

You could also set a specific font size in the main window, which will make the image size independent of the window it sits in, and this size will then be preserved in the Crop option when exporting. The Field in the toolbar by default contains Fit to width as the font size but you can choose a size up to 288pt.

Once you have chosen a font size, you can then resize the window frame to just outside the image boundaries, so that Crop and Current Window size become essentially the same.

Mike

simsmj to the rescue. Thanks Mike.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Quote Originally Posted by simsmj View Post
    Mark, when you export the gifs from Xara3d, you have some options presented in the export dialogue box. You can export the Window containing the image, and you can crop the image to the edges of the image. This would remove the whitespace surrounding the image.

You could also set a specific font size in the main window, which will make the image size independent of the window it sits in, and this size will then be preserved in the Crop option when exporting. The Field in the toolbar by default contains Fit to width as the font size but you can choose a size up to 288pt.

Once you have chosen a font size, you can then resize the window frame to just outside the image boundaries, so that Crop and Current Window size become essentially the same.

Mike
    hello again, thank you for the information, it is very strange though I have never had to change the text size to export, just use it as standard which has been created. When I do the same thing with version 6 it seems to be bigger than the images made in the main window composition. I don't know a difference is been set up on the export of version 6 compared to version 7. Thanks again regards Mark

Hi Mark, just been looking at the animation file you you posted. Please tell me if I am wrong because I have only had 30mins or so on Xara 3D 7 so it's all new suff to me but it looks like the name Christine Ash is filling the page and the text on the other two pages looks some what lost. If you increase the font size on your first two pages so that they fill more space and leave the third page as it is this should look better, or have I got the wrong end of the stick? If I knew how to upload the file I have just done you could see what I mean!!!

Tabian