Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Looking to know something about drawing electronic schematics

Hello.

Does anyone know anything about drawing electronic schematics in Xara? I don't need to export to a circuit board maker or anything, I just need a quick way to sketch maybe a dozen or half a dozen parts hooked together to illustrate a circuit idea.

It would be nice to have access to some part symbol drawings and to know how to get them into Xara and how then to use them.

Thanks

Default Re: Looking to know something about drawing electronic schematics

Welcome to TalkGraphics

There must be symbol libraries you could use but it might be just as easy to create your own symbols and then duplicate them as need be. There might also be electrical symbol fonts you could use. Or is this different from electronic symbols?

There is a free on-line tool at https://www.smartdraw.com/circuit-di...gram-maker.htm.

You can't really do much with Xara other than build a library and join the symbols with links but nothing is fluid.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

If you are not sure how to draw the symbols then I have used this site for different symbols. http://www.electronic-symbols.com/el...rs-symbols.htm

Ray

Thinks Ray that should be helpful.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

+1 Ray - the meat is in the PDF page:https://www.electrical-symbols.com/e...ymbols-PDF.htm.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Why does this site insert someone else's quote instead of the one whose button I pushed?

" Default Re: Looking to know something about drawing electronic schematics

There is a free on-line tool at https://www.smartdraw.com/circuit-di...gram-maker.htm.

You can't really do much with Xara other than build a library and join the symbols with links but nothing is fluid.

Acorn "

I looked at that Smartdraw, and apparently it's a $300 program. There is a download but what is that? A crippled demo version? A soon-to-expire sample? They are pretty careful not to say what a person would be getting into here.

S

Quote Originally Posted by Slimly View Post
    I looked at that Smartdraw, and apparently it's a $300 program. There is a download but what is that? A crippled demo version? A soon-to-expire sample? They are pretty careful not to say what a person would be getting into here.

You mean, "Thanks for the welcome and all the help and suggestions, guys!" right?

Quote Originally Posted by Slimly View Post
    Why does this site insert someone else's quote instead of the one whose button I pushed?

" Default Re: Looking to know something about drawing electronic schematics
    Acorn "

S
    Slimly, I am sorry you did not read my Post carefully, I did not recommend downloading but using the on-line tool - a far different suggestion.

If all you wanted was "a quick way to sketch maybe a dozen or half a dozen parts hooked together to illustrate a circuit idea" then that might have been good enough.

Ray's proposal is better for a quick throw together.
    Xara is very capable of crafting components, but there you go.

To insert another's Post, simply click on the Reply with Quote below the Post, not above.
    A Post starts with a pale cream bar and ends with a grey one.

Here is another suggestion: free, exports SVG (into Xara) - https://www.circuit-diagram.org/.

By stating you did not want to make circuit boards or "anything", as a Chartered Electronic and Electrical Engineering, I avoided any of the tools of my trade.

At TalkGraphics, we usually aim to contribute positively to develop our collective understanding.
    The alternative is to shout at Google (but not each other).

Best wishes,
    Acorn CEng