Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
    Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Playing with particles

Today I decided to tackle a bit of the particle system. I created the grass after watching a tutorial, making a mess of my first attempt, watching the tutorial again and finally experimenting with a few things. For the mushrooms I created a spline in Xara and spun it in Blender

Oh and I discovered another neat thing today after adding and subdividing the plane that I used to build the grassy terrain I found the fractal setting that will warp your plane. After that I added a subsurf modifier (I'm picking up the lingo) and smoothed to create the rolling hills.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mushroom grass.jpg 
Views:	181 
Size:	98.2 KB 
ID:	84519
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Default Re: Playing with particles

That looks really good Frances. I hope I can get to that level one of these days. I was looking to do a Blender tutorial but the hard part seems to be where to look and what to look for. I guess that what's make these type of programs have such a steep learning curve.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Thanks Larry, I've been picking out something I want to do like creating grass, then I Google it and go through what comes up I've found some helpful videos on You Tube.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |

Again a very nice one, Frances
    Guy -

I love these tools

Way to go, Frances

Quite ambitious and it came out nicely!

I think the grass looks a little bit too much like hair/fur, but all in all, a very good application of the Particle System.

I can see the day coming when I'm reading your tutorials.

Keep up the excellent, inspired work!

Peace

James

Thank you Guy and James. I hope to play around some more this evening and see if I can get the grass to look a little less like hair.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]