Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: glowing ghostie

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default glowing ghostie

I had fun with this one! I drew a spline in xara then spun it in blender to get a basic head and elongated torso mesh, then played with the sculpting tools to draw out the arms add lumps and bumps and sculpt the face ( ok I need practice sculpting faces lol)

The tombstone was a shape created in Xara as well. The textures I used in this one came from texturemate.com a great resource for free textures.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	spectre.jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	34.1 KB 
ID:	84467
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Default Re: glowing ghostie

I like this one

re: I need practice sculpting faces - it's just a ghost ...
    Guy -

I love these tools

Cool, Frances

I think it's a great idea... a ghost escaping the grave or something like that.

You are doing very much the right thing. It is important to take on projects that are just beyond our abilities so that we must continuously branch out and learn new things...like the Sculpt mode. Sculpt mode is also good for making too regular things, slightly irregular. If you created a stone from a sphere, any proportional editing will tend to make it look too smooth, too reminiscent of the original sphere. With a bit of sculpting or careful application of proportional editing and some very, very believable stones (etc.) are possible.

The ghostie looks cool and is somewhat whimsical. I like it!

Peace

James

You are doing some impressive things with Blender, that's for sure.

Thanks Guy, James, and Paul. I'm trying to pick projects that are small and fun to do. I started with the idea of creating a ghost and learning the sculpting tools, then I decided to add to the scene. I have a couple more ideas for this scene, one is to animate it. What is the best animation format for posting here at TG?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |

Quote Originally Posted by angelize View Post
    What is the best animation format for posting here at TG?
    I used to do an swf file, which you can upload as an attachment. Recently - the planets e.g. - I used an animated gif, which needs to be put on a server. You can then include it as an image, specifying the http-address.
    Guy -

I love these tools

I like the URL method, because if you post it to your server and you later update your graphic/animation, then all you have to do is re-upload it to the server and all is updated. There is no editing on the forum necessary... (as long as you give it the same name when you upload it, of course)

James

The only downside of external links, is that at some stage in the future, the posting member removes the content/changes hosts and the thread gets littered with broken links not content. TG has always been good because old threads still have the content that is being discussed because the content was embedded and not present on a since defunct server. At one time moderators used to slap peoples wrists for posting links rather than the actual content. In the case of large animaton files, I do understand why it may be necessary to get around file restrictions.

Pauland,

I agree about the posting of links. Here, though the actual content is shown.

Personally, I've had "my" server for quite some time and it just gets larger and larger.

If the Forum software didn't make the brilliantly wrong move of converting animated gif's to jpg images, it would largely be unnecessary.

I must admit that I like the freedom of being able to make something and then just drag and drop from Filezilla to have it updated on the forum, without having to actually even log on or re-visit the Forum. Am I not here enough? LOL

Peace

James

Thanks guys, I have some ideas cooking.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]