Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Help !! Error message when publishing website (Web Designer 7 Premium)

Just created my first website
    Trying to publish the website (not hosted by Xara but elsewhere) I get the following ERROR message:
    " filename_htm_files: no such file or directory"
    I did export the file to hardisk following instructions.

Can anyone help?

Default Re: Help !! Error message when publishing website (Web Designer 7 Premium)

Welcome to TalkGraphics

Make sure you have all your FTP details correct. And if you need to publish to a specific subdirectory such as public_html or htdocs/ or something that you have this included in the Subdirectory box. Your web host's FTP instructions will tell you if you need to publish to a sub directory or not.

Default Re: Help !! Error message when publishing website (Web Designer 7 Premium)

Here's a screen capture. If there is a subdirectory it should go as shown in the yellow highlighted area.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	web-props.png 
Views:	150 
Size:	27.3 KB 
ID:	84486  

I received this from one of the Xara experts:

This has come up a few times recently and appears to be related to the hosts server configuration for incoming FTP connections.

Normally Xara will fall back to one or the other protocol, but some servers seem to reject this.

He can try setting his transfer mode to 'ACTIVE'. Best to use Bills XaReg for this.

The expert is referring to XaReg, a free utility available for download in the Xara Xone Shareware page.

Install the utility, select your product on the left. Click the FTP button, and select Active from the drop down list.

NOTE: This assumes you are publishing your site from Web Designer or Designer.

Please let us know if this solves the problem.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	XaReg.png 
Views:	274 
Size:	15.6 KB 
ID:	84489  

I'm having the very same problem, and I have tried the suggestions above with no luck. Is there anything else I can do???? Thx

I usually just export the site to a folder and then use filezila (it's free) to upload the site, first enter your details into filezilla to make sure that you can connect to the server. If you can't then you know the details are wrong, if you can connect then just upload the files manually.
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Seems to me this thread is in the wrong forum.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.