Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
    Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default XaraBlender a good vintage

I used Xara to create the profiles for the glass and bottle, the label and the seamless texture for the surface they are sitting on.

I used the assign method to map the label to the bottle and the foil texture( which was created completely in blender) on the top.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xara-blender.jpg 
Views:	173 
Size:	28.7 KB 
ID:	84397
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Default Re: XaraBlender a good vintage

Wow, I like this one a lot, Frances, and I don't even drink wine!

I especially like the glass. It looks heavy and substantial. I hate little, fragile glasses that break in the dishwasher.

The wine bottle is well done too, might look better closer, so that the label is easier to read. Very creative idea with the foil cap. Kudos!

I love it that you haven't spent that much time with the program, and yet are making some very special things with it.

Peace

James

Thanks James, I used a graphic I created in Xara and spun the glass. I came up with an idea of a way to get a nice curve and maintain an even thickness for the glass.

My husband likes to claim that those fragile glasses (and the odd china teacup) just break from unknown causes
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |

Oh yeah, I hear Bill all the way over here and I say, I must certainly have to agree with him. I've been trying to convince my wife of exactly the same thing for years now

By the way, I think you are doing a fantastic job. I am only puttering it in every once in a while so it is going oh so slowly, Unfortunately I don't have any real artisique skill so for me the pleasure is mostly in trying to learn and understand the program a bit. But I consider myself one of the lucky ones, my life is not my computer. True, it gets turned on every morning around 7.00 or 7.30 a.m. and gets shut down between 10 and 11 p.m., but it sits by it's lonely self most of the day. I use it a bit for business and emails, then the rest is just for puttering around on when I feel a bit bored. Unfortunately, I can not say the same for my daughter, she seems to have the internet addiction like so many of the kids today, I swear she can spend 6 or 8 hours a day, if not more, just on the internet. There were a few heated discussions this summer over it, to no avail
    Last edited by Seagull; 03 October 2011 at 01:27 AM.
    .............frank

Thanks Frank, I try to spend a little time each day practicing with Blender.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]