Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Please release Xara Xtreme for Mac.

I was Xara X user for years but switched to Mac. And missing it every day. I saw some movement in Linux area but now I see that Linux forum is closed, so it looks like there is no hope now. Very sad.

Did you abandon all efforts in porting? Thats too bad, because Mac is on the rise and we're really lacking good vector editor.

Default Re: Please release Xara Xtreme for Mac.

Welcome (back) to TalkGraphics

I think plans for a Mac version have been scrapped. The Mac market is pretty much dominated by Adobe and trying to compete for the professional design market is an uphill battle.

You can run Xara Xtreme/Designer/Web Designer under an emulation program such as Parallels. And this does require a copy of Windows be installed.

But right now it is the only way.

a better solution is to have two computers [ok I know this may not be what you want to hear ]..
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Thank you, of course I know about virtual machines, and as a web-developer I keep a few of them with various IE versions, but yet, this isn't something I'd love to hear.

There is a misconception about adobe's Grip on Mac OS, they products are bit ugly and lately editors like Pixelmator, Acorn and Opacity are on the rise. I don't use Illustrator and do vector things in Opacity, which is bit too young at the moment and not suitable for complex works.

The market is still open. Dear Xara, please come to Mac.

Quote Originally Posted by firedev View Post
    I was Xara X user for years but switched to Mac. And missing it every day.
    Well how stupid does that make you? Surely it makes sense to choose which applications you want/need and then find an OS that supports them? To do it the other way around would be like buying a car based on the wheels and tyres it comes with - "How about this baby!?! My car breaks down a lot but those 18"x7.25" wheels look schweet when it's on the back of the tow-truck."

Well... To put it in your words – how stupid xara is to miss the opportunity to be #1 vector editor in constantly increasing market niche?

Or what kind of comment is it?

LOL!
    No, it looks like xara had chosen the car and just drives it.

Thumbs up XARA runs great on a MAC!

Hey guys - GWPreister is right.

I have a new MacBook Pro running Parallels and XARA works great! It runs better on my mac than on my desktop pc. Even though I am running Win XP on my MAc I can use the MAc Gestures.

To those of you who are not familiar with 'Gestures', it is the different ways that you can move your fingers across the touch pad ...You can gesture to zoom in and out and up and down with ease.

Default Re: XARA runs great on a MAC!

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtwad View Post
    'Gestures', it is the different ways that you can move your fingers across the touch pad ...You can gesture to zoom in and out and up and down with ease.
    Yeah, I can do that with my Bamboo Touch pad.
    Makes surfing the web fast and fun!
    ~ DanDaBear ~
    Some people think inside the box, Some people think outside the box, I think about the box

Oregon, USA (Pine Trees, Mountains, and Hipsters)

Default Re: XARA runs great on a MAC!

I wish Xara would consider a Mac release as well. Xara is the only thing I miss about the Windows world.
    --CeeJ