Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Export Website Error

Hi All
    Just had to reinstall Xara Designer Premium on a new computer and having problems getting my website to publish. I need to EXPORT WEBSITE first but when I select this option I get this error

"Unable to find the filter to import that file with"

I have reinstalled the program and tried exporting just the intro page and still get the error but it has "import" in message which has got me.

Any Suggestions

UPDATE: Just checked PREVIEW WEB PAGE and PREVIEW WEBSITE has same error message

Paul

Default Re: Export Website Error

Welcome to TalkGraphics Paul

I did a search for that error on the Xara.com support page and found this:

If you encounter this specific problem (the "Unable to find the filter to import that file with" error when trying to export, preview or publish your website) it would be very helpful if you could assist us in trying to track down the cause of problem.

Please initially right click on the program shortcut and select 'run as administrator' You should only need to do this once. If difficulties continue then please perform the following steps:

1. Quit Web Designer if it is running.

2. Run the DebugView program. This can be run directly from the link at
    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/...rnals.com&ac=8

3. Run Web Designer.

4. Click the export and preview button.

5. Quit Web Designer again.

6. In DebugView select Save As from the File menu and save the output to somewhere you can find it (it should default to the standard Documents folder).

7. Download TestFilters.zip. Save the zip file locally prior to extracting the contents. Upon completion, enable debugview and then run TestFilters.exe prior to generating a new log file.

8. Go to http:\\support.xara.com and submit a ticket, either uploading the file you saved or copying and pasting the contents into the report itself. Please mention the error you are getting and what the log file is (e.g. log file for export website failure / log for dll errors when starting the program).

The log file from TestFilters.zip will help us to track down and fix the problem in any future updates.

If you prefer not to send the log files then you can try the run as administrator workaround by right clicking on the desktop shortcut and selecting 'run as administrator', this should resolve the problem.

Default Re: Export Website Error

Thanks for reply. I had noticed that message but thought I would ask just incase there was an answer but the second part of your reply about running as Admin has solved the problem. I am using 64bit WIndows 7 and my previous computer was 32bit could it just be a bug between versions of Windows as didn't need to do that with 32bit WIndows

Paul