Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Default Re: xara 6 7 versions importing other graphics

Quote Originally Posted by Soquili View Post
    Hi Wheels,

You can get a stylized heart shape using the Webdings font and a capital letter Y.

Xara 3D 6 and Xara 3D Maker 7 can only use .gif as a texture. The Import options are for .xar, .web, .wmf, and .emf file types as long as they contain vector shapes and not bitmap (raster) images.
    hello again I managed to stumble across it by accident would you believe in one go to make the text and a heart in the symbol section, then selecting just the text in edit mode, and then changing the font and colour. My next question is how to make the heart rotate which has been made from the symbol heart is at the moment all the text is rotating including the heart, I may have done something wrong. Also I was using your original version with all the options of hearts and text and animations are just using the heart and text on and adding my own writing and text colours. I noticed that the animation when it is exported and loaded it is smaller in version 7 do the same thing in version 6 everything is bigger like it should be. There is to reply to this post, this one, and on page 3 of this posting as well regards Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Soquili View Post
    Hi Wheels,

You can get a stylized heart shape using the Webdings font and a capital letter Y.

Xara 3D 6 and Xara 3D Maker 7 can only use .gif as a texture. The Import options are for .xar, .web, .wmf, and .emf file types as long as they contain vector shapes and not bitmap (raster) images.
    I have finally got to make banners using your attached file with all the extra hearts and text icons.
    I have now succeeded in making my own very similar and I cannot get the heart to spin by itself and keep the text as is in the example Romeo and Juliet with a heart in the middle which rotates.

I am able to use that attached file to accomplish it.

Also will use the same thing in version 6 everything is bigger the heart using the same font webding in everything else comes out bigger like always everything is right in version 6.
    I think the attached file was made in version 7 I may be wrong if someone can tell me.

I'm wanting to make the heart spin and led the text flat and I always seem to make everything spin, I have tried using the edit, to select the particular item that still could not accomplish a spinning heart by itself .

Also in the article I'm referring about I think is an in the next page with an attachment of all hearts and a couple of other articles or spinning.

Any assistance regards Mark

I have been able to use your above attachment to make my own ones. Were these made with version 7? Because I have made my own trying to make with version 6 and of course everything is bigger.
    The only thing I cannot do is make the heart spin and not have this text spinning. I have only tried quickly because I use your above 1 to make things at the moment as I have a standard template sort of With the Word Mark then a heart and the word loves and then below that whatever may be written. I just cannot work out what is different in version 7 standard settings. Also the difference in version 6 of something else if you make a text in a banner with a button and I cannot get the text to fit inside the button, I think I can establish it properly in version 7 if this make sense. Also putting a picture in of somebody I would like to put a face in the middle of say a heart button that I have a picture of it may be the hand is to high. Anyway we will work it out eventually but I would like to work out about stopping me text from spinning and leave a spinning heart