Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Transparent Movie Background for both IE and Firefox

Hi All

I have placed an mp4 file on a site with a still frame background behind it to act as a placeholder. In IE I can see through to the background before playing the movie; yet in Firefox I cannot see the still frame background, which is replaced by a blank box. What code do I need to insert to get transparency for a movie with a still background in Firefox. Thanks.

Default Re: Transparent Movie Background for both IE and Firefox

Hi

Would it be possible, please, for one of the wizards to reply to my query? Thanks.

Default Re: Transparent Movie Background for both IE and Firefox

It's okay, I kinda figured it out -- an extra wmode="transparent" tag has to be added to the embed area, thus:

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/swflash.cab#version=9,0,28,0" width="100%" height="100%" id="standAlone" align="middle">
    <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain" />
    <param name="wmode" value="transparent" />
    <param name="movie" value="index_htm_files/standAlone_omk.swf?url=m1introedit3.mp4&amp;sound= true&amp;loop=false&amp;tooltip=true&amp;autoplay= false&amp;swfborder=true" />
    <param name="quality" value="high" />
    <param name="bgcolor" value="#FFFFFF" />
    <param name="menu" value="false" />
    <embed src="index_htm_files/standAlone_omk.swf?url=m1introedit3.mp4&amp;sound= true&amp;loop=false&amp;tooltip=true&amp;autoplay= false&amp;swfborder=true" quality="high" wmode="transparent" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" width="100%" height="100%" name="standAlone" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />
    <video src="index_htm_files/m1introedit3.mp4" controls width="100%" height="100%"></video>
    </object>