Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Site Not Word Wrapping on Adroid EVO HTC

Hi,

My client is insisting that his new site word wrap on his Adroid EVO HTC phone, and it appears that NONE of the sites I've done for clients will word wrap. I've read that if the doc type is xhtml it should work, but it isn't. Can anyone help me with this? I've wasted HOURS scouring the internet for a solution! Thanks in advance.

Tina

Default Re: Site Not Word Wrapping on Adroid EVO HTC

Hi Tina Xara made sites are fixed width. Many new sites are these days.
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Hey Neodeist,

Thanks for the response. Is there a way to override the fixed width nature of Xara sites by either inserting or altering the code? Can I use a percentage just for text boxes (changed in Notepad), do you think? I don't have an Android and am unable to test various adjustments. Thanks for any insights!

No. Dynamic (fluid) would break WYSIWYG. You can't have WYSIWYG and fluid at the same time. There is a lot you can do with Xara programs - more than people realise - but the web side of Xara is WYSIWYG

Mwenz puts it well here - http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...561#post415561
    Last edited by zaphodeist; 28 September 2011 at 10:11 PM.
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64