Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Mobile optimized sites

I was invited by webcrumbz.net to try their beta product for converting websites to sites optimized for the mobile phone. I did one of my sites and seems to work ok but you seem to have to publish to their beta site. Has anyone used WDPro or Designer Pro to build websites optimized for mobile phones?

Default Re: Mobile optimized sites

I was wondering this, too.
    1. What is the method for designing mobile friendly sites? Create 2 of the same pages, such as one for mobile and one for full HTML?
    2. How/where do I insert code so that my web site can detect mobile browsers and redirect visitors automatically to the mobile site?
    3. I have Designer Pro 6. Are there any special tutorials for using DP6 to design mobile sites?

Thanks! :-)
    "Leave it a lil better than b4."

Yeah, to get to the mobile site I did with webcrumbz.net I had to put a link from the regular webpage. Someone has to be able to see it to go there. It would be much better if there were code automatically redirecting you to the mobile site.

You need a redirect code. This sounds like something right up John Horn or Steve Ledger's alley.

I found some redirect code at http://detectmobilebrowsers.mobi/ but it is PHP. Is Xara built with PHP. I don't think so.
    Richard Burton
    I'd rather be sailing!

I just had two customers complain about their sites (X-DP6 Built) not appearing on their mobile devices properly. The mobile devices they are using are the new Droids.

To resolve this should we

Have some redirect code to a properly resized website?
    All of the sites that I make are 955 XGA...If I change them to 640 VGA will that help?

Hey RiBurton - I just checked out the code generator link - Thank you it looks like the problem solver!

The redirect code requires your index.htm to be index.php for it to work. Would that work with XARA? I too am working on the mobile recreation of a few sites.

Many sites these days offer their websites with a resized version for mobile devices.
    I was born outside the box! - Aridzone
    WebDesignerTemplate

After reading a bit around the forum here, you can export your pages, mainly just your index, to .php with your php included coding for mobile redirect inside. Create a blank page in front of your index page called whatever you want, and rename your index to index.php in web properties on the page tab.

If this helps anyone.