Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Replace 3D photos

I have made up a photo in 3D - like a picture frame - and would like to use the exact frame for other photos and then use all in an animation slide show. (See attached file)

Is there a quick and easy way to do this other than making each one up individually - I have found it very difficult to get the frames to look the same way each time I make it up.

Tks - jb
    Attached Files Attached Files
    - jb

"A little knowledge is a wonderful thing - sometimes."
    www.brownpotters.com

Default Re: Replace 3D photos

While in 3D mode and the object is selected press the 3d icon at the top left hand corner, then right click your photo and select replace photo. Once the photo is replaced click the 3d icon again.

James, I followed your directions but there must be a step missing - I select the photo, click on 3D mode and then click on the 3D icon. All is fine. I then right click photo and select another photo but what comes up is not the photo but a cross-hached fill where the photo should be. (See attached) Also, there is no 3D icon now showing - the 3D mode tool bar is no longer there.

What did I miss? - jb
    - jb

www.brownpotters.com

That seems to be the default image in the bitmap gallery. What way did you replace the photo?
    When you right click on the photo and select replace photo it should open an explorer window to select the photo from your hard drive. Alternatively if you have the images in you bitmap gallery you can drag and drop them onto the photo to replace. Once the photo is replaced you need to enable 3d mode and then click the 3d icon.

Humm - I followed your directions, several times. Select the photo, click on 3D mode then 3D icon - this opens up the import menu and I click on a photo and what comes up is the attached file above.

I imported and merged a photo, followed the above but instead of using the import menu I drag/dropped the merged photo. Other than being on top of the original photo, nothing changed. I then slected this second photo, selected the 3D mode and clicked on the 3D icon. This changes the photo into a 3D photo but it is not a copy of the original frame as I would like. (See attached) I can then select the 3D mode and change this to match the first but I could do that without going through all these steps to start with. - jb
    - jb

www.brownpotters.com

It should work at least it does in WD7P.
    Try to drag an image from your desktop or windows explorer and drop it onto the 3d image to replace the old one, works in WD7P but not in P&GD7.

I am working in D Pro 7 and the attached are what I get. Guess I just have to make each one up from the start - difficult to get them to look exactly alike doing it that way.

Tks for the help - jb
    - jb

www.brownpotters.com

James, one thing I have noticed is that when I right click on "replace photo" and the import window opens the photo is no longer in 3D mode. After the photo is imported I then have to re-select the photo and again click on 3D mode. This is in D Pro-7. Would seem that if it works in WD7P and it has the "replace photo" as a selection in D Pro-7 that it should work. Does Xara have a comment on the reason why it does not or as to what I am doing wrong? - jb
    - jb

www.brownpotters.com