Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Embarrassed, but here goes..page background shows in preview

This is probably really simple, but I'm scratching my head. I'm designing my first page in Designer Pro 7. Everything looks the way I want, but when I preview page, though I've background both the general area and the page outline itself the page outline shows in preview and I presume it will show when published. Any recommendations appreciated. Thanks.

Default Re: Embarrassed, but here goes..page background shows in preview

If I understand you correctly you want the page colour and the surrounding area on screen to be the same without the page shadow?
    Either click no page shadow in the page optios.
    If that's not available, and it might not be once the page has become an object, then in the layer gallery go to PAGE BACKGROUND and hide shadow group or better still click no shadow in the shadow tool.
    Similarly if the page has an outline right click on the colour bar in the usual way but make sure the page itself is editable....
    I think, Derek

I would drag transparent colour to pasteboard

Well so far I've gotten the shadow to go away in Designer, but when I do a preview the page the shadow shows. The Shadow Tool shows "No Shadow" and in the page&layer fly-out it shows "not showing." Transparent color I can't seem to locate; not sure how to proceed from this point. l created a new page and resolved the issue from jump street. The only thing that confuses me is no rulers and I'm trying to figure out how to center the page. The page goes all the way to the top of the screen and I moved it down about .5 of an inch, so it is actually off the page that much, and by George it cut the bottom off. So, does this mean you make the pages larger so that your page will all show? My page is 1024X2000 pixels.
    Last edited by GiddyupGilbert; 29 September 2011 at 02:59 AM.

Derek's right. UNLOCK the page background layer - select the page then choose the shadow tool and click 'No shadow'. Relock the Page background layer.

But if you simply want the pasteboard and page colours the same, then just change the page background, nothing else - [at this stage you'd have to right-click and set page and pasteboard back to defaults first]

How much of the page is visible vertically depends on the user's screen
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Hi John, Correct me if I am wrong (it wouldn't be the first time ) but isn't the pasteboard default "transparent" ? I was assuming that Derek's initial assumption was correct.

The idea being that it was the minimum # of clicks to achieve the desired result.
    Last edited by Drwyd; 29 September 2011 at 06:51 PM.

The pasteboard default is "doesn't exist" Didn't realise the OP wanted a minimum number of clicks
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Oh well, I was close

Have you got it all sorted Gilbert ?