Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Some of the ole timers here may remember, an attempt at doing a group project. Which was going to be based on a Toy Robot. I still have a couple of the sketches and decided to model the robot.

I modeled this yesterday afternoon, so I thought it would be appropriate if I posted here, where the sketch was given life.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Robot.jpg 
Views:	227 
Size:	170.6 KB 
ID:	18195  

Some of the ole timers here may remember, an attempt at doing a group project. Which was going to be based on a Toy Robot. I still have a couple of the sketches and decided to model the robot.

I modeled this yesterday afternoon, so I thought it would be appropriate if I posted here, where the sketch was given life.

Hi Randy,

Great looking toy robot!! It reminds me of some my son had when he was small.

I remember the discussions about the group project.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Wow, Randy, this is one cool little bot... very nicely done indeed... the plastic looks totaly real, and the bot looks like a real world manufactured product... awesome stuff...

Look forward to viewing more of your works if and when ya get a chance...

hmmm, I don't quite recall the group project... was it before my time, or did I drop the ball on this one ?

Good memory you have Bill

Keep up the good work Randy

Bill - Thanks!

gidgit - Thanks! The project was from Sept. 2001, which I think was before you join in. Gee it is hard to believe I have been fooling with 3d now for 4 years. I am not where I wanted to be after 4 years skill wise. But I have been improving.

Haha, don't feel so badly Randy, you are doing just fine, and have really gotten things down just nice indeed

I am already two years into this wonderful world of 3D and each day I wake up feeling so much like a virtual noob Brain ready to explode, yet a thirst for knowledge which continualy raises the thresh hold of said brain pain