Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
    Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default depression glass

I was playing around with blender's sculpting mode, with a simple model that at the time I thought looked like a clay pot. I gave it a pink colour and then wondered what it would look like rendered as glass. I think it came out looking like a piece of depression glass, however there is a problem.

There is a band at the bottom that does not, render as transparent I've played with all kinds of settings trying to figure this one out ?? Any ideas as to what may be going wrong?

I've attached the packed blend file

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	depression_glass.jpg 
Views:	191 
Size:	111.4 KB 
ID:	84290
    Attached Files Attached Files
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Default Re: depression glass

It looks like no light is passing through the glass to illuminate the table under the glass. I think you're seeing (perhaps) the refracted dark part of the table through the glass. (note how it follows a contour around the glass).

Try (for experimentation) to lift the glass a tiny bit off the table and rerender it. If it's noticeably brighter, than that was the problem. If not, then that is NOT the problem.

Peace

James

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Nope didn't help I'm not sure what is happening.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

I'm taking a look at the Blend file now... will let you know if I figure it out.

James