Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Reduce number of images

Hi, I am a happy new user of WD 7 and have just finished first pass at my new website - http://www.bmcdconsulting.com/ - of course room for improvement but at least have something reasonable to go live with. Today I submitted it to several free sites for analysis and they came back with some helpful feedback - one of which was that I have too many images (42) as well as most without descriptions. I think I know what to do with the descriptions but not sure how to reduce the number of images. For example, I tried grouping several together but when resubmitted came up with the same number. Any suggestions most welcome.

Default Re: Reduce number of images

Welcome to TalkGraphics

I disagree with the feedback. Your site is fine. The images are what give the site its look and feel and the pages load quickly.

If you want to add a description, such as a title or a photo (the photo of yourself, for example, should be identified), select the image then open the Website Properties > Image tabbed section and enter your text in the Image Caption (Alt Tag) and press Apply.

Also, add BMcD to your home page Title. Each of your pages is named Index. No big deal, but I would change the page names to reflect the page content. You can do this in the Page and Layer Gallery. Select the page title bar, then key in a new page name. You can alter the META tags for each page to reflect the content of that page. In Website Properties, there is a Website tab and a Page tab. Change the page keywords and description. This will help the search engines index and categorize the content for each page.

Hi - thank you very much for that helpful feedback. I am very much a learner with all this and what you have said is much appreciated.

grouping and using placeholders with css border radius is one way to reduce your image count. Those big rectangles have an impact, bandwidth isn't free.