Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Visited link colour

Hi!,

We are finalizing some of the last bits of our new website. Xara has exceeded our expectations by miles, and we are now proud WD7 owners! I can't believe I ummm'd and arrr'd about getting into this for so long.

We have some links, once clicked and on return to the page are showing the visited link colour and displaying the result of the "web default" colour setting under website in the website properties dialogue. However this has been set to none.

On the same page there are other links, but their settings are nil i.e the check box for common website link colours is not ticked. I would appreciate any suggestions as to what maybe causing some links, once they have been visited during testing, to be coloured by the "web default" setting when the setting is set to "none". This does not occur when the site is tested in the xara browser, but does when viewed in Chrome or IE OR FF.

TIA

Cheers

Nick

Default Re: Visited link colour

Hi Nick! Welcome to TG. Glad you're enjoying WD7

Site links colours are global for that particular .web publication, you cannot have separate conditions for different links or pages unless you write some unique .css for each.

Rather than setting 'none' select the colour you want for visited links. :-)
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64