Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

WD6 SEO tip: get your keyword-laden site in a high PR forum, but don't spam!

I'm putting this post in Xara web design chat because this is particularly relevant to all Xartists who not only design websites but who also do SEO for their clients. The screenshot below shows the Google SERPs for a Google search"site:talkgraphics.com" without any search term. The last post on that page is a post I made on this forum just 9 hours ago. That's how fast Google will trawl a high PR website, especially a forum or a blog with lots of regularly-updated content, and that's why we get spammers here all the time putting their links into completely nonsensical posts, to try and "up" the PR of the sites they're linking to in those posts. Please use the "Report this post" button to help the moderators get rid of their annoying and time-wasting posts.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Clip0002.jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	80.4 KB 
ID:	92615

You could do the same thing as the spammers, but it's hard work and many of these spammers are in fact underpaid third-world country networkers working for fairly dodgy SEO firms, posting their links just about everywhere, just to get a high PR for their clients' sites, sites that will most probably plummet in month 2 or 3, once the campaign has stopped.

However, what you will also see from this is that sites with lots of regularly-updated content do get spidered and indexed by Google rapidly so, the message is this. Fill your website with relevant, interesting and engaging content, use social media to spread (but not spam) your message and, as they say, they will come.
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

Default Re: SEO tip: get your keyword-laden site in a high PR forum, but don't spam!

Agree in full Frank, It is standard practice now to have a sites url in a high page rank forum as google does indeed give forums higher regard then normal back links. Just to add to your post; backlinks from .gov and .edu sites are given higher regard still, but it is quite difficult to get the links on to those sites.
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk

Default Re: SEO tip: get your keyword-laden site in a high PR forum, but don't spam!

Unless you're sleeping with a teacher who's in government, hehehe
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk

Thank you Big Frank for encouraging TG members to report spam posts and other inappropriate or questionable posts as soon as they see one. To report a post, click on the gray triangle icon - it is the third icon from the left at the bottom of each post.

When you report a post a copy of the post along with what ever reason you've given for reporting the post is immediately sent to the Moderator's Forum where all the moderators can see it and decide what to do with the post. There is no visible sign on the public side that you've reported anything, but the moderators will see your report in their private forum.

We've got some really good spam filters and procedures in place so not too much get through - but when it does we rely the eyes of our members to help the moderators keep TG a safe and enjoyable place.

And just a gentle reminder - what you post here; what you say and how you say it pretty much stays around forever. And as Big Frank pointed out Google is constantly crawling the site, preserving every offhand remark for everyone to see in cached pages, and search results that are available for your family, children, employers and neighbors to read now and ten years from now. So always try to show the world, now and in the future what a wonderful person you are. And if you are feeling a little cranky -- think twice about the legacy you are leaving before you post.
    Last edited by Barbara B; 12 October 2012 at 07:32 AM. Reason: hope i got that typo fixed before Google got it
    Barbara Bouton
    TalkGraphics Forum Administrator

The Xara Xone website developer. | TheBoutons.com

Quote Originally Posted by Barbara B View Post
    but when it does we rely the eves of our members to help the moderators
    Didn't you mean "but when it does we rely the elves of our members to help the moderators"?

Last edited by Big Frank; 12 October 2012 at 07:28 AM. Reason: not enough elves
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

See why we need the sharp elvish eyes of our very beloved members watching over each post? So the evil autocorrect doesn't win (or maybe it was my fingers that slipped), at least it wasn't my mind that slipped up ...........or was it? Yikes.
    Barbara Bouton
    TalkGraphics Forum Administrator

The Xara Xone website developer. | TheBoutons.com