Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
    Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Blue glass goblet

playing with the transparency settings I created this blue glass goblet. I figured out how to create coloured glass.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blue wine glass.jpg 
Views:	202 
Size:	10.8 KB 
ID:	84253
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Default Re: Blue glass goblet

Hello Frances,

That looks nice!

I think the specular highlights are a little too soft...it gives a slight "plasticity" to the surface. I would try making the material harder and use either the Cook-Torr or Wardlso specular models.

The modeling of it is great...just needs to look harder to simulate glass. This is just my opinion... try both ways and see what YOU like, please.

Peace

James

Frances I like the design of the glass. Like James mentioned the specular highlights suggest plastic rather than glass.

May I suggest that you include some additional scene elements to your renders. It helps others to visualize what you pictured in your mind and provides an environment for the subject. I understand that you are creating .png with Alpha images so you can place the objects in other images at a later time.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Thanks James and Bill,

I hope to have some time to go back to this one later and experiment with your suggestions James.

I will put this into a scene too, Last night it was getting very late and I thought perhaps the transparent background would be better than blenders gray world.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |

Here is my blue goblet in a scene. As you can see I've been playing with the cloth simulator. This brings up a new question, the cloth simulator was fun to play with but for a static cloth is there a way to wrap the cloth (plane) over the table so that it follows the sharp edges, lies flat on top and drapes nicely on the sides? (with out hours of modeling)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blue glass goblet scene.jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	61.0 KB 
ID:	84260
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hello Frances

That looks nice!

For the cloth simulator, set it up to act over a number of frames and then review the animation in the 3D window until the cloth has fallen just as you like it. Render that frame only.

Good work...

James

Very nice Frances. Using the goblet within the 3D scene brings out the transparency of the glass very well.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Thanks Bill and James. I am quite enjoying learning 3D modeling I think I'm going to play around with this and add to the scene.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]