Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: My website looks wierd after clicking the first link.Home page is fine at first.H

Is it the linux hosting?

Really, if you want more than WAGs and to move forward more quickly, put the site up on a temporary folder and email someone here the link. That means the site won't be readily finadable and you only need to trust one person.

I'm leaving town, so not me.

Mike

Default Re: My website looks wierd after clicking the first link.Home page is fine at first.H

Im trying Magix hosting now

I've seen some mixed reviews for arvixe.com. if it works in Magix then I'd consider a new host.

Heres what happened: There was an issue with the CSS files when i uploaded it. But everytime i try to reload the css files it still doesnt work. Im not understanding why.

Has anyone evr had that issue?

opened the files in my dreamweaver and everything looks ok. wierd

opened the files in my dreamweaver and everything looks ok. wierd
    Now that is weird Most user complain that it scrambles their design.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wtf.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	12.6 KB 
ID:	84248  

Ok,

I tried the hosting service from MAGIX. It worked perfectly to view my site.
    But it doesnt provide a name server for my domain. It says i have to do a transfer.
    But if i do a transfer then that would mean MAGIX would own my domain, not me.
    They require an authorization to let go of the domain. WTH!

does that mean web designer 7 is a propietary software?

THIS MEANS IT WAS A SERVER ISSUE , OR HOSTING ISSUE.

So the real question is: What hosting providers can i use to host my websites with no problems? ONLY MAGIX? MAGIX IS THE COMPANY IN AFFILIATION WITH XARA!

Anyone know about this? What do you guys use for hosting?

Excellent we have pinned it down to arvixe.com. It is their problem to sort out. If it works on Magix it will work anywhere.

That may not be true: I dont want to sound like a pessimist but it can happen with other hosting.

The problem with MAGIX is that it asks for you to give up your domain. you will not own your domain anymore.

i like the simple severname input method. This allows you to keep your domain name and host the site properly.

I wasn't suggesting that you switch hosting to Magix, that was just for testing purposes (The free account may prove useful later for other things )

You can now go back to arvixe.com armed with the knowledge (and proof) that it's not your design that's at fault.

If they can't or won't fix it then it's time to shop around for another host.