Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Default Re: Gare's non-Xara Art

I seem to be on a food roll here (so it's a Kaiser roll gallery, huh?)

This was for HBO, and they declined at the last minute.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lunch-at-the-Theatre.jpg 
Views:	515 
Size:	93.6 KB 
ID:	84232

—Gary

Their loss Gary.

Your Chili's image tops their adverts. The textures and lighting are great. My mother made ceramics for decades and your render looks extremely real.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

I have a tip for you, and anyone who even thinks they might be interested in modeling some day.

Luxology modo isn't the easiest modeling program to learn, but it's rendering engine is fantastic, right up there with Maxwell Render.

As computers became more powerful, engineers became more curious about pushing the limits of photorealism, now that they had the computational power. So on the high end, you have the sfx likes of Avatar, Benjamin Button, Sky Captain, Rise of the Planet of the Apes. And on the prosumer-grade end (that is to say, folks with mortal budgets like you and me) we now have physically based camera systems in modeling programs that can be had for about $1,000.

It sounds steep, yeah. But considering that every modeling program for more than two grand used to have a pinhole camera as its "model" for capturing models, we've come light years, with materials that really look like ceramics, glass that has refraction and sub-surface scattering so you can create ground glass, and just a lot more of what a photorealistic artist needs for their work.

It's just not the same game anymore as slapping a bitmap texture of a brick on a rectangle and trying to convince someone it's a photo of a brick.

Name:	alarm-clock.jpg 
Views:	485 
Size:	30.8 KB 
ID:	84233

—My Best,

Gary

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Your work is very inspirational Gare, I have recently started to learn 3D modeling using Blender. I have been using Xara to create textures and seamless tiles for use as materials, and I have played around a bit with bringing my 3D objects into Xara as a png with alpha.

I love the pencil and brush image. It made me smile

I'm glad that this area of the forums has been maintained where it doesn't matter what program(s) were used to create the art.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Blender is quite a capable program with a big community, and therefore good support. It's open source and at the moment, it's free. folks. Actually, it can help you create animations of water—it's the only free 3D modeler I know of that features fluid dynamics, and even the expensive software doesn't always have this feature.

Angelize, you make me blush. The last time someone was inspired by my work, it was an inspiration to see whether their monitor could fly out a 3rd floor window.

BTW, the PNG specification allows a transparent layer, just to be a technological nit-picker. Transparent layers and alpha channels are two different sets of equations. For example, many programs are coded to ignore an alpha channel in a TIFF file. In Xara, however, the alpha is interpreted as a key for transparency. But a TIFF's alhpa can be used to map bumps, transparency, anything a programmer likes. In contrast, a PNG can only presumed to have transparency on only one layer, or not have the feature.

I was "corrected" by an engineer a long time ago and made it a point to not go through that embarrassment again.

My Best,

Gary

Every so often, I have the audacity to believe I can meld a rendered model scene into a photograph.

The background here is a photo, the foreground, pure lime pixels.

Name:	gelatin.jpg 
Views:	495 
Size:	34.5 KB 
ID:	84234

-g-

Default The Faux Food Forum :)

The flavour of the month is Butter Rumba...

Name:	Dancing-ice-cream.jpg 
Views:	493 
Size:	47.0 KB 
ID:	84235

—Gary

Wow, lots of cool stuff!

Thanks for sharing all this, nice jello lime picture!

Marc

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

I love that ice cream cone! Just one thing though, it's making me hungry!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Gare all those image are absolutely fantastic.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.