Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Red face Separating Text in 7

Hello!

I am trying to create an animation where 2 separate words have different animations. Let's say Word1 has Rotate1 and Word2 has Rotate2. Is that possible?

Default Re: Separating Text in 7

Hello, lebbeus, welcome to the forum.
    The answer to your query is no, you cannot use two or more different animation types within one .x3d document. In this particular instance, however, it would be possible to simulate this by using Rotate2, with the first word imported as a single object. With rotate2 it will still rotate as a single object around the centre of the word. The second word can be typed in as single characters as normal, so this word will rotate as individual letters each rotating on their own individual centres.

Generally, Xara3d won't let you mix animation types. But you can often apply different parameters to different objects for a given animation. For Rotate, you can amend the direction or axis of spin for different objects, even though they are all rotating. You can have an object not spin at all by unticking the text box in the animation dialogue, with the relevant object selected. If no object is selected, any animation or parameter change will apply to the whole document.

Mike
    Last edited by simsmj; 21 September 2011 at 06:10 AM. Reason: spelling

Default Re: Separating Text in 7

Thank you very much Mike, I had not considered importing text as an object and I do believe that will do the trick

Thanks!