Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Natures Kaleidoscope

Amazing what you did with the Aurora wizard507, I'm not quite that good, but you might enjoy this one of natures natural kaleidoscope, I can make these ones

Inspired by the keloidoscope I pulled this one out of the files, another atmospheric optics shot, taken back in 2005 with a Finepix S5000, 5 meg camera. Thats what I started learning digital on, great wee camera but oh the noise if you wanted big.

Iridescence in clouds most often occurs close to the sun, best seen when the sun is hidden, also best for your eyes and lens.
    Called cloud iridescence, parts of clouds are thin and have similar size droplets, diffraction can make them shine with colours.

Enjoy
    Kathleen

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Iridescent Clouds.jpg 
Views:	196 
Size:	69.9 KB 
ID:	84148
    IP

Default Re: Natures Kaleidoscope

Interesting and haunting photo, Kathleen.

I'm a little confused, though. Did you do anything to enhance the photo other than adjust the levels?
    IP

A polorizer filter is the only trick, it was taken with a circular polorizer filter on the camera.
    Thats how it was, mayby not quite as intense to the eye with-out polorized sun-glasses looking at it and filter to take the picture with. Sure made me pull over and jump out in a hurry, they disappear very quickly most times. Thats the sun just behind that big tree on the left Very high cirus cloud I think it is, thin & whispy.

My photo was a little dark as always when you point it at something bright unless you compensate the exposure, the camera thinks it knows best and darkens the exposure. So I moved the light levels back to what I could remember seeing, hence alot of noise in the sky because of the darker exposure first then lightened. A tweak to the hue & saturation to what it looked to the eye with polorized sun-glasses on and thats all I would have done.
    I try to be very true to what I do to my photos as to what was seen when it comes to Nature or Natural and anything on thats how it is photos. Levels & curves with the historam as a guide and a bit of clarity or whatever is all I do.
    Kathleen.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Interesting and haunting photo, Kathleen.

I'm a little confused, though. Did you do anything to enhance the photo other than adjust the levels?
    IP

Hi kshep,
    I have done several kaleidoscopes from your "natures kaleidoscope" photo. This is the best one.
    I did a six panel one too but I didn't like it so much. Neither did I like the ones with the trees included. So here you are one with the sky only.

Natures Kaleidoscope.swf
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.
    IP

Wow, well done thank you for putting that up to see. Kathleen
    IP