Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default disappearing basket!!

I've been working on filling my wicker basket with apples, now I have the apples, and a nice checkered cloth but when I go to render the basket disappears! I must have done something, perhaps hit a wrong hot key combo?

I have attached the packed blend file

Any help with this would be very much appreciated! Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I figured it out Still not sure how I did it but I checked the outliner and the basket was set not to render, so I set it back in the outliner.

So here is my basket of apples!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	applebasket.jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	60.5 KB 
ID:	84128
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by angelize; 15 September 2011 at 06:25 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Default Re: disappearing basket!!

Hey, that's nothing but awesome.

Great still life, rendered!

You're learning very quickly, actually. Congratulations, you've survived the Blender interface. (which really isn't bad now that we've moved to the 2.5+ series)

Take care

James

One thing I would do, Frances, is to either change the texturing a bit for the apples OR rotate each of the apples so that you don't look down onto the top area of the apples. Apples are fairly spherical, so normally a Sphere map would be used or it would be unwrapped and textured that way. It looks like you used Flat wrapping...

It looks very nice and with a little bit more fine touches can really be something extra special!

Kudos

James

Thanks James. I 'll have a play tonight and see if I can improve those apples, I knew I needed to do something more to the texture. I do have a question though, is it possible to save an image from blender as png with transparency? say I only rendered the basket of apples, and I wanted to have an image of just that like a piece of 3D clipart. If I could save the image that way from blender it would save having to drop out the background later.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |

On the first button by the Materials tab (Render), where you set what type of file you want to save, you will see that it lists RGB and next to that is RGBA. This activates the alpha channel. This should work.

James

Thanks James, I'll try that for a project that I have in mind.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ok I had a little play with the apples, they look a little better and the tip for the png export worked great!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	applebasket2.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	49.8 KB 
ID:	84145
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

They look GREAT Frances!
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Thanks Larry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Very good job on the apples/basket/checkerboard image!

I am impressed with how quickly you're getting several key elements to doing 3D work. I look forward to what you "attack" next...

A little teaser for the future... the Append function. Any of the objects, materials, etc. that you create in one project can be pulled in directly from other projects. Make that perfect daisy in one project, you don't have to reinvent the wheel for later projects!

Peace

James