Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Problem with ie8

Hello,

I am using WD7 and have a problem with popup layers and ie8. When I export a page and view in ie8 with popup layers part of the page loads (just a couple of text elements) then the window (ie8) freezes and comes back about 20 seconds later with everything loaded. During this time I cannot do anything with ie8 - it just gets stuck. I have tried this when I removed the popup layers and it loads ok, slow but ok. This problem does not occur in firefox or chrome, in these browsers the elements are loaded gradually and visibly.

Anyone know why?

Thanks

Andrew

Default Re: Problem with ie8

What's going on on the pop up layer?

A simple pop up layer should appear instantly.

Nothing special. Just some text and images. There are several popup layers (around 7) but even when I try just putting one back in the problem occurs.

Thanks

Andrew

btw - I just though I would try it in IE9 - big mistake, none of the websites I have created in WD7 will even work in IE9, throws an error and refuses to load the page but that is another worrying story.

Hi can you provide the URL please?

Are you previewing these sites or viewing on-line? If the former try the latter as there are issues with IE locally
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

On-line.

Thanks

Andrew

I have 2 sites that both have a map showing 8 business locations each. Each location is on a popup with a mapquest map on it. No problems in any browser including IE8. Popup instantly.

Jim

Thanks for the reply.

It is not a problem with the popups. It is a problem that when IE8 loads the page it freezes (with just a couple of text elements loaded) until all the elements have loaded and then the
    page appears (sometimes it freezes for up to 1 minute). When I remove the popup layers the page itself loads normally (gradually).

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

As requested above, perhaps the URL is needed seeing how it is on-line. At least if someone here cannot replicate the issue, then the URL does help.

Take care, Mike

Hello,

If I had permission to provide the link in a forum I would but I don't (pain I know!). Guess I will have to keep on looking for an answer or referring to support.

Thanks again,

Andrew