Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Can you search and replace colors, line widths etc. in XaraX? (I was hoping the Names Gallery would provide a key but I don't think it's there)

Can you change defaults such as font, fill etc. for the "normal" page? (e.g. Cannot stand Times Roman 12 or a black fill on a primitive...)

Can you copy a bevel or contour from one object to another. (When I use Ctrl-Shift-A only the color is copied...)

Can you save the bevel or contour as a style?

Thanks in advance.
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Can you search and replace colors, line widths etc. in XaraX? (I was hoping the Names Gallery would provide a key but I don't think it's there)

Can you change defaults such as font, fill etc. for the "normal" page? (e.g. Cannot stand Times Roman 12 or a black fill on a primitive...)

Can you copy a bevel or contour from one object to another. (When I use Ctrl-Shift-A only the color is copied...)

Can you save the bevel or contour as a style?

Thanks in advance.
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

To a certain extent you can "find" colors. If you give names to colors and use them faithfully, you can change the attributes of the these named colors and all objects using that custom color, or tints, shades or links of that color.

Also, if you look in the Names Gallery, all colors used in a file will be listed. The Names Gallery can be use to select all objects for each color listed. What the Name Gallery does NOT do, however, is distinguish between fill and line colors.

Indeed: who for heaven's sake uses Times New Roman and/or a black fill?
    Unfortunately you cannot change the default font and fill settings. If I'm not mistaken it has something to do with Xara's engine basics. Many users, me included, would really like to see this changed, but our hope is idle. Even if you use another font and want to re-use it later on the same document, it isn't remembered.I personally consider this to be Xara X' heel of Achilles.

Sorry to disappoint you. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

If you don't work against time, time often works for you.

Carrygee

I covered the Name Gallery in WebXealot 24 and I think you will find the answer to your search and replace questions.

Xara is aware of the default options such as fill color, and default font and I'm confident are working on a way of adding more user control.

On the other hand, when you look at the code-bloated way DRAW, Illustrator and FreeHand have handled customization of the features and interface, I'm not sure we are not better off without too many choices :-)

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Rarely So Humble...