Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: image quality

Default image quality

Hello,

I am using WD pro 7. Can anyone tell me why there is such a noticeable difference in quality of pop-up images between the originals that I import and those which are displayed when the website is viewed (in all browsers)? I save the image at 100% in PS as a jpg, import it into WD, set the image quality in the image tab to 100% also and then export the website. This occurs on all images and is very noticeable in some, almost a blurry effect (like a low quality jpg).

Any explanations would be appreciated.

Thanks

Andrew

Default Re: image quality

I would suggest that you use the Optimize all JPEGs option in Utilities, and set the quality as desired. By default, JPEGs are exported at 75% (25% compression). If your images have large areas of flat color and or text, I would export them as PNG files.

Hello and thanks for the reply.

I have optimized all jpegs with the same problem still occurring. Perhaps it is my process that is to blame? Here is what I am doing. I am importing an image of 600px onto a page, then I am re sizing the image to about 200px but in the image popout option I am setting the popout size to the original of 600px.

Thanks

Andrew

ok, it's not the process. Have tried it other ways without reducing the size of the image. Even optimizing all jpegs at 100% they still seem like they are lower quality, some more noticeable
    than others and it is the same with all popout images.

This seems to be a problem with the popout function. When I scale the image to 100% on the page the quality is correct. However, when I click on the image at 100% the popout version is lower quality than the on page version. Viewing both at 100% you can really notice a difference in quality on many images. So, is there any way to change this? Is the script for popouts defaulting to a lower quality setting?

Thanks

Andrew