Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Trouble with popups in IE and over Flash

I'm working on a website for a client. I wanted to have popups on mouseovers and have the popup slide in from the top.

First problem is if I have them slide down over a flash (swf) slideshow, the slide show shows through... workaround on Home page was to have them slide down and end just above the slideshow.

2nd problem is in IE some of the popups don't work or sporadically work. I think because of the flash slideshow - they do work on other pages that do not have flash slideshow. They seem to work in Firefox, Chrome, and Opera - just not in IE.

The popups are on mouseover on left sidebar items... I just have the first 4 items so far... the first one works - Destination Travel. The second link sometimes works in IE - Culinary travel. the 3rd and 4th don't work in IE.

Here is link to site: www.rwrtest.com/Terri

I am attaching the .web file (done in WB7).Travel 1.web Let me know if you need swf file or any other files if looking at the .web file.

Any suggestions on making a popup layer slide in either over a flash or just above flash slideshow and have it work in IE (I have IE8).

Thanks,
    Bob

Default Re: Trouble with popups in IE and over Flash

Guess I'm the only one that has this problem with IE and slide in popups.

I was hoping for wise words of wisdom... but guess I will experiment with no slide-in and just use instant layer popup, or maybe a different flash slideshow, and try and figure out where the conflict lies.

Check the internet for the WMode parameter in your swf html code. That may fix the issue of the swf showing through. If your code in the Home page is the same as all the other pages, then it is probably something in the flash definitions that is causing IE to act up. Double check your html code. I am unfamiliar with all the javascript surrounding the flash code in your home page html. It is also possible that the javascript could be causing the problem. Comment out the flash code and see if the drop downs work. If they do then really check out that flash code. You may need to find a different way of coding the flash that will make IE as happy as the other browsers.
    Joe

JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Thank you both for the advice and link. I will try the WMODE edit first. I created slideshow in another program, may try redoing in Xara if WMODE doesn't work.

Appreciate the feedback and pointing me in a direction to start.

Bob

PS. I did do searches prior to posting... didn't see the post referenced. Thanks!

I fixed the problem by redoing the slideshow in another program.

The original slideshow was an XHTML driven Flash slideshow which I thought would be easier to use if client wanted to change out pictures now and then.

The program I used for the new slideshow is Amara Slideshow Builder... just a little program that is very easy. Took less than 5 minutes to create the slideshow.

The popups now can slide down over the slideshow without the slideshow bleeding through - and all the popups are working correctly in IE8.

Thanks for your help.
    Bob

www.rwrmarketing.com