Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default I like the new activity in 3D forum

It has been a long time since there has been this much activity in the 3D forum. Thought I would join in.

Blender isn't my program of choice so my simple modeling and render are made with an old version of Cinema 4D.

Frances mentioned some cloth and a shiney reflective sphere in another thread. Thought I would see if I could remember how to make something along those lines.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Loft_NURBS-n-sphere.jpg 
Views:	365 
Size:	43.0 KB 
ID:	84067   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4-view-Loft_NURBS-n-sphere.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	30.6 KB 
ID:	84068  

Last edited by Soquili; 12 September 2011 at 03:58 AM.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: I like the new activity in 3D forum

That looks good Bill, I'm finding learning 3D modeling an interesting challenge.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Hello Bill

Re: "I like the new activity in 3D forum"

Me too. As I've said too many times (I bet), Blender makes a great (free) companion to Xara software. (I think of it as a booster pack or as Xara-squared!)

It's good too that you're putting up some Cinema 4D images for comparison and to show how the various software handles things differently and often ends with a bit different look, even though the scenes might be almost exactly the same.

Also, for many, this is an introduction to something that they haven't worked with before (powerful 3D software) and can see what is involved and some of what's possible.

Not to make it Blender VS. ________, because there is room for all (of course) to work at these things and show what they've come up with; I do want to add that Blender is ideal in that it is FREE and one can always have the very latest version. Once we moved from Blender 2.49 into the 2.5 series, the interface has finally become very usable and logically laid out.

Take care and I hope you show some more stuff, Bill. Even though we're using different programs, that doesn't prevent seeing the inspiration.

Peace

James

Thanks Frances and James.

It is good that people are exploring new ways to express their creativity. What software used is not important.

Here is a link to a thread from 2004 where several different 3D apps are explorered: http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre.....-Bulb&p=7044
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

An FYI, if you guys haven't seen it yet. A fun and free (for now, but probably not long) 3-d modeler is Sculptris, and its models can be imported into blender. Pixologic asks for a name and an email address, but doesn't spam you, and that's a small price to pay. It is labeled as a beta.

thanks for the tutorial link David

importing sculptris exported .OBJ files into blender seems straightforward enough - the extra info re texture is useful

blender has come along a bit in the last year or two - and sculptris is just wonderful
    Last edited by handrawn; 13 September 2011 at 08:43 AM. Reason: typo
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...