Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

pgd6 Navigation Bar on an iframe

Is this possible or not? If so how would one do it so it could be updated on all pages only once.

Default Re: Navigation Bar on an iframe

I am not sure but I think you would need two sites, one site or one page of that site would be included on the site in an iframe.

But the bigger question is what are you hoping to achieve by this?

AS my website is large I was only wanting to change the navigation bar on one page and have it load from one iframe. Xara has reached its limitations and cannot use repeating objects as my website is split up into many directoires.

I would break your site into smaller modules and then publish each separately to a new folder. For example if your site is called mysite.com, create a folder module-1, module-2, etc. Then link to mysite,com/module-1

Each folder will have its own index.htm or index.html file and index_html_files folder. So when you link to mysite.com/module-1 the browser looks for and loads the index file. This can be seamless and your visitor never need know that your site is in reality a series of sub-sites.

OK so I would still have to upload the index files to all the folders. I was trying to avoid this and was hoping to have just one index file and when the nav bar changes then I would only have to upload it once and the other folders could use this file.
    Thanks for the help Gary much appreciated

Well instead of linking to internal pages you would link to the actual URL.